Bello 6 Skin Review
Bello 6 Skin
What Is a Skin?In computing, a skin like Bello 6, is a custom graphical appearance preset package achieved by the use of a graphical user interface (GUI) that can be applied to specific computer software, operating system, and websites to suit the purpose, topic, or tastes of different users. As such, a skin can completely change the look and feel and navigation interface of a piece of application software or operating system. (source) There are many Blogs and Articles available that give a general description of what a skin like the Bello 6 Skin for example looks like. These also have a link from where the skin may be downloaded. But there never seems to be any description or an explanation of what you the user should see when first using a new skin. Where is File Manager located? How do I get back to Skin Settings ? Where are my Add-ons now? This Blog, as well as those to follow, will show you what is inside a new skin and how to get around within each category with the least amount of confusion possible.
How to Install Bello 6If you have a clean 17 install, you will have to enable unknown sources first.
- Click Settings (cog)
- Choose System Settings
- Select Add-ons
- Toggle Unknown Sources
- A warning pop-up will appear
- Select System by clicking the Cog Icon located in the top left corner.
- Click Interface.
- Skin, to the right and directly below Look and Feel, click Skin.
- Click Get more…..
- Locate Bello 6, it should be at the very top. and click. Wait for the installation process to finish. The next time you go back into you Skin Settings, you will see much the same as the photo above.
What’s Inside Bello 6The first screen you will encounter is the new look Interface Settings. Starting with the Top Row and moving from Left to Right :
- INTERFACE– Skins Look and Feel, Regional Settings, Screensaver Settings, etc.
- MEDIA– Library, Music, Pictures, Video. Where you can fine tune your Media Files within Kodi>Fork.
- PLAYER– You will be able to Fine Tune how your media Files are played as well as setting up Subtitles, Playback, Media Codec, etc.
- LIVE TV– General overall Settings including Menu/OSD, Recording, Parental Control, etc.
- SERVICES– Allows you set Weather, Control (remote control), UPnD/DNLA, AirPlay, etc.
- Second row- SYSTEM– Display (calibration, etc.) Allow Unknown Sources, Audio Decoder, etc.
- ADD-ONS– My Add-ons, Recently Updated, Install from repo, Install from zipfile, etc.
- PROFILES– Master User, also where can add a new user. Have a look at this FAQ for more information.
- SYSTEM– Information about your device.
- SKIN– General settings, Background photos, Views, Colours, etc.
Bello 6 SettingsAs you can see in the two merged photos above, you are able to access the same settings as shown in the previous Photo. To access each Sub-menu, move the cursor down slightly or using the Left-Right-Up-Down Arrows on Keyboard, click once on the Down arrow. Then move either Left or Right using the appropriate Arrow. Select Enter to open or left click on the Mouse. Use the same method to move thru the rest of the Options found in the Main Menu.
Video Add-ons in Bello 6One way to get direct access to your Video Add-ons is selecting Add-ons in the Sub-menu under VIDEO.
File ManagerTo open File Manager, under System, scroll to the far right and Select File Manager. The photo above will appear. Click Add source to continue. As you can see it is definitely not the same as other Skins you have seen. Enter the url where it reads Enter the paths….. Click Done when finished, do the same when prompted to enter a Name.
Install from Repository
- Locate Add-ons in Main menu.
- Open Sub-menu.
- Scroll to the right to Install.
- Click to open.