Black Glass Nova Skin Review
Black Glass NovaThe Black Glass Nova skin by Tgx. is the next in our series of skin reviews that will provide a more detailed look of what to expect when you first use this skin. It is a fanart oriented skin designed for Full HD TV Screens.
Installing the Black Glass Nova SkinIf you have a clean 17 install, you will have to enable unknown sources first.
- Click Settings (cog)
- Choose System Settings
- Select Add-ons
- Toggle Unknown Sources
- A warning pop-up will appear
- Select Get more….
- Scroll down to Black Glass Nova and click to continue.
Default Background ImagesRather than showing you Eight (8) different photos, I’ve combined the following into two. Moving clockwise starting from top left :
Sub-Menu in Black Glass NovaUsing the Settings Image as an example, you will notice directly below Settings, another set of options. Skin Settings, File Manager, Profiles, etc. To Access these other options, simply move the cursor down or if using a keyboard, click once on the Down Arrow. Use that method for all the Main Menu Options except for Search. ADD-ONS– You may find this a bit odd as I did at first, but I can see why it was done this way.
- Photo A– Is the Add-ons Main menu option, as described earlier, below is another set of options in the Sub-menu. Programs, Video add-ons, Music add-ons.
- But what is that other Video Add-ons located at the very top ?
- Photo B– After moving the cursor up or using the Up Arrow on keyboard, there is now a new set of Widget Icons made available to use.
- Because Video add-ons is highlighted, all the Video add-ons installed will appear. To access a different Add-on, simply scroll left or rightdepending where you are at the moment.
- To access Music add-ons or Programs, etc. just hover the cursor over Video add-ons and scroll to the right until the menu of choice Widgets appear.
VideosIn Videos on the Main Menu, selecting Video add-ons in the Sub-menu will take you to all the Video Add-ons currently installed on your device.
SettingsFile Manager– One of the options found in the Sub-menu for Add-ons is File Manager. Nothing new here other than the text and colour, the layout is still familiar. Again nothing out of the ordinary. 1. Is where you enter the url and 2. Is still where you enter the name. A keyboard will appear once you have clicked in each area to input the information.
Add-onsAlso found in the Sub-menu of Add-ons, you will find Video Add-ons.
Installing From A Repo
- Main Menu, select Add-ons.
- Select Install from repository.
- MrBlamo Repo and Placenta were selected for this article.
- After selecting Placenta, click Install.
- 1. Indicates the add-on is going through the installation process.
- 2. Is where the install notifications will appear as each dependency is installed as well as when the Add-on is fully installed.
Media Player SettingsYou will find some different and I must say some very confusing options here in the Player settings. The grouping in the middle are the usual reverse, forward, pause/play, stop, volume, etc are all self explanatory and you all should be used to what each icon does by now. The row of Six (6) Icons below the main list are as follows going from Left to Right:
- Subtitles– If Enabled (see below) you will be able to download from the site configured in Kodi Settings. See this Link for more information.
- Video Settings– Adjust Zoom, Brightness, Video Calibration, etc.
- Audio & Subtitles– Volume adjustments, Audio Offset, Subtitle Offset, Enable Subtitle (instead of using the rectangle icon found in the lower right corner in other players to enable/disable subtitles, it’s done here.)
- Bookmarks– If you have to stop play at anytime and wish to play later from the same location, use this option.
- Playlist– Allows you to add Current File to a Saved List.
- Media Info– Provides all the available Info about the current file being played. What you see in the above Photo is what you should expect to see.
Confusion ?However, you will notice the Two (2) on the left highlighted in Red and the Three (3) on the right in the same way. Why these are here is beyond me. I see no value at all and highly recommend to not use these at all. Moving Left to Right:
- BACK– takes you back to the page with the list of Providers you selected from to watch this media file.
- HOME– returns to the Add-ons Main Menu.
- MENU– returns to Video Add-ons in Main Menu.
- SETTINGS– General Settings section.
- QUIT– power down options pop up.
Changing Background PhotosIf you’re interested in changing some of the background photos as I was, it’s very easy.
- Drop down to Skin Settings in the Sub-Menu and click.
- Scroll down to 1. Backgrounds.
- Move the cursor up to 2. Edit Background for Media Type, click on the Up or Down Arrow to the right to select the media you wish to adjust.
- Then Select 3. Browse for image. Select the Folder where you have your images. Pick the image and click ok.
I hope this article gives you a better idea to what is found inside the Black Glass Nova. I know I have learned a few things and have already installed it on one of my versions of Kodi. If you have any questions about this Article, please join us here at the Streaming World Forum.