Super Easy FireTV Install – Fast Kodi & SPMC updates!
25.9 k Views
This easy firetv install method is a simple way to avoid having to lookup codes or remember weird short urls. The added bonus once we have this launcher installed, we can install and update both Kodi & SPMC, result! This will require the use of a free app to pull the files to your device – but this is super simple! UPDATE: I am adding a couple of things as people seem distressed by creating accounts on FireTV products that have their emails etc – probably sellers? However if you are paranoid then these two snippets will help you setup fake accounts with test card info.
Fake Name GeneratorA tad OTT for some perhaps, but if you’re going to do this, do it properly. You even get a fake (active) email address. http://www.fakenamegenerator.com
Test Credit Card NumbersThis site lists test CC numbers – these should work for basic validation purposes, but you cant actually buy anything! http://www.datatrans.ch/showcase/test-cc-numbers
Fire TV Install PreparationIf you have already sideloaded an app, then you will have switched on ADB debugging and Install from unknown sources. If they sound unfamiliar, follow these steps now.
- Scroll down to Settings
- Navigate along to System
- Scroll down to Developer Options
- Click BOTH ADB debugging & Apps from Unknown sources
Install “Downloader”This is a free app in the Amazon app store, which is very lightweight and simple. This is so much better than the bloated and awkward to use ES File Explorer. It was just 3rd in my free apps list too. If you dont see it (Amazon move things around! – do a search for “downloader”)
- Click Downloader App
- Click Download
Installing AppStarterApp Starter is a great tool for your FireTV devices. This neat application will give you access to both Kodi and SPMC installs and updates. That alone makes this a must have application! AppStarter has lots of cool options for controlling updates, those of you with more experience can have nightly Kodi builds installed if you like. Make sure you explore it options. If you havent installed the FireTV remote control app from the App store to your phone or tablet – do that now. Just search for FireTV – it makes typing in urls very simple.
- Type EXACTLY http://bit.ly/app-starter into the downloader URL bar.
- You can get pre droid 5 SPMC here by using http://bit.ly/smpc_1642
- SPMC – (Android 5+) Jarvis http://bit.ly/smpc1672
- CEMC – (Android 4.2+) Jarvis (but https patched)
- FTMC – (Android 4.4+) Jarvis (but https patched)
- Hit Download
- The progress bar will show the download progress.
- Grant permission to install
- Wait for the app installed message, then click the hamburger button to launch
- Click Check for Update or Install
- Click Update to latest Version