How to Add Your Personal Music Files in Krypton
Music Files in KryptonAdd-ons that have Music/Radio are growing at a rapid pace. Unfortunately, sometimes the selections available are not quite everyone's “cup of tea”. I'm a firm believer that Music makes The World Go Around. But sometimes I just wish I could listen to what makes “My world go around”. We all have a large selection of Music Files these days, so why not make them available to play on your version of Kodi Krypton and Forks of Krypton.
WHAT TOOLS DO I NEED
- A USB flash drive or a External Hard Drive.
- Access to your personal files (if on a PC or Laptop)
- Device that has a USB slot or SD Card
- Download Manager , ES File Explorer as an example.
Setting up and Installing Music in KryptonAfter opening Kodi Krypton, select Music. The next screen you will see Photo A, will prompt you what type of Music ? Please select Files. After selecting File the next page, Photo B, has but one option Add Music. Select to continue.
Adding Your Music FilesNow while this looks complicated, it really isn't, just a few clicks is all we need to do here. To prevent any delays, have the source of your Music files connected to the device.
- Photo A- Select Browse, Kodi will now search for the location.
- Photo B- As I explained earlier, I used my PC in addition having a portion of my Music collection on a Ext.HD. Consequently it now appears as E:(New Volume), yours may not appear as the same. Select the location and click OK.
- Photo C- A new pop up will appear indicating the contents of the location. As a result of the search E:(My Music/My List) was found. Rather than renaming it, I left mine as Music List, you may call yours anything you wish to. Select OK when done.
- Photo D- Confirm the prompt to continue by selecting Yes.