Titan Beta Skin for Kodi Krypton
1.4 k Views
Titan Beta SkinThe Titan Beta Skin is the latest edition to our Skin Review, it is both Mouse, Remote and Keyboard friendly. The Titan Beta Skin for Kodi Krypton by marcelvelot & mgonzales is one of Four (4) skins developed for Kodi. The others are Titan, Titan for Jarvis and Titan for Leia. (Kodi 18) If you have a clean 17 install, you will have to enable unknown sources first.
- Click Settings (cog)
- Choose System Settings
- Select Add-ons
- Toggle Unknown Sources
- A warning pop-up will appear
Installing Titan Beta Skin
- Skin, click to open installed Skin Menu.
- Click Get more…..
- Scroll down to Titan Beta Skin for Kodi Krypton.
- Select to Install.
Titan Main Menu ScreenA very Simple Layout, easy to read and access. As shown with Music, once selected, a new Sub-Menu will appear at the bottom. Library and Music add-ons. Click to open. YouTube, Pictures and Videos are the only menu options that have no Sub-Menu available. Once selected, you will be taken directly to that folder. VIDEOS: After selecting Videos, a new page will open offering you Three (3) options. Files, Playlists and Add-ons. The following photo has been condensed to save time and space. Top Left photo is the Screen that will open after selecting Videos. The other three are an example of what each option has inside. When selecting YouTube, you will be taken to the Set up page initially.
Add-on BrowserAs a result of selecting Add-on browser, the sub-menu will appear at the bottom. Programs–Video add-ons–Music add-ons–Picture add-ons. Above is a representation of what you will see as you open each option.
SettingsTo Access Settings, simply Click. Moving Clockwise starting from the top left:
- Skin Settings– Where you can change Backgrounds, Configure shortcuts, General Skin settings, etc.
- Settings– Access to Skin Settings, Interface, System, Add-ons, etc.
- File Manager– Adding a URL file, or viewing Profile directory.
- Events– View what has occurred in Kodi since you opened the current session.
File ManagerOpen File manager from Settings on the Main Menu. Select Add source. In the next screen, select None to continue. Enter the URL, when completed, select OK. Repeat the same process when asked to enter a name.
Power OptionsThe Power Icon is always on the bottom of the Main menu. To Access the options available, move the cursor down and hover over the Icon. The above screen indicates what will be shown, Moving from left to Right:
- Settings– just another way to get to the Settings menu.
- Exit– click here and Kodi will now power down.
- Power Off System– one to be careful with as this will power down the device. Not fun if using a PC/Laptop and wanted to remain on.
- Reboot– Not tested, but I’ll assume it’s for the device as opposed to Kodi itself. (will test it later and update here)
Installing from a RepositoryTo Access Install from repository:
- Select Settings in Main Menu.
- Select Settings found in the Sub-menu.
- Locate Add-ons and click.
- Install from repository as shown in the above photo will then appear. Select to continue.
Using the Media Player and SettingsAs done in previous reviews, The Add-on selected is Placenta and the Media File is Thor: Ragnarok. This is the default setting used for views. If you wish to change it, move the cursor to the far left with a Mouse / Remote or hit the Left Arrow Directional key on a keyboard. Repeat clicking on Views to change to the version you prefer. Once a movie starts, I always hit the O Key on my keyboard out of habit. Some may ask why bother? Well it’s easy to Label a Movie file with whatever information you want in the description as shown in the previous photo. But there is also Information listed in the provider and these can be a bit deceiving at times as well. But you can’t alter what is encoded in the Stream itself. For a more detailed explanation, please refer to these two links Here, and Here. Due to the first group of controls being the standard found on all media players, I’ll move to the highlighted group of Five (5) :
- Audio and Subtitle Settings.
- Video Settings.
- Search for Subtitle. (Service must be enabled in kodi, Find out how by selecting this Link.
- Audio and Subtitle Settings– If you have enabled Subtitles, the “on” Switch will read as Green.
- Video Settings– Zoom, Brightness, Contrast etc. Scroll down for more options.
- Subtitles– As shown, A Subtitle Service must be enabled to use.
- Information– I get more when selecting the O key, about the only “con” with this skin.