Keyboard Shortcuts for Kodi: 20 Helpful Keys
20 Helpful Keyboard Shortcuts for Kodi
Navigating Kodi with a keyboard can be either challenging or simple depending on what you know. We have put together a list of 20 keyboard shortcuts for you to assist you in your streaming. Some may seem simple; however, if you need them you’ll be happy to have them. Many can take for granted how easy it is to use a remote control or to navigate using a video game controller, yet did you realize majority of what you want to do can be done from a keyboard? This article will focus on some of those shortcuts to make your life easier.
- Toggle between Full-screen and Windowed Mode Shortcut Key: \Kodi opens in full screen mode by default. By using this keyboard shortcut, one can easily toggle from full screen to windowed mode. This will allow the user to access other software/apps simultaneously while using Kodi.
- Toggle Subtitles On/Off Shortcut Key: T If you want to turn subtitles on/off for a movie or a video, just press ‘T’. However, Subtitles settings must be properly configured before trying this shortcut.
- Audio delay control Shortcut Key: A Sometimes audio and video of a particular video doesn’t sync well. In such cases, you can use this keyboard command to adjust audio delay, so that it syncs well with the video.
- Volume Down, Volume Up or Mute
- Shortcut Key: – (minus), + Plus For decreasing volume of a video, just press ‘-‘ key and for increasing the volume, press ‘+’ key. You will have to press a particular key multiple times to change the volume to a required level. If you want to mute a video completely, press ‘-‘ key multiple times so that the volume becomes zero.
Controlling Video Play
- Fast forward Shortcut Key: F If you want to skip a particular part of a movie or a music video, simply press ‘F’ key. If you press once, the video will fast forward at 2x pace; if you press it twice, the video will fast forward at 4x pace and so on. Alternatively, you can use right arrow key to forward the video 30 seconds.
- Play Shortcut Key: P Pressing ‘P’ will start the video.
- Pause / Play Shortcut Key: Space bar For playing/pausing a particular video, all you have to do is to hit ‘space’ bar. It’s the same keyboard shortcut that we have for VLC and YouTube.
- Stop Shortcut Key: X To stop a particular video, just press ‘X’ key.
- Rewind Shortcut Key: R If you love a particular scene of a movie or a music video, simply press ‘R’ key to rewind back. If you press once, the video will rewind at 2x pace; if you press it twice, the video will rewind at 4x pace and so on. Alternatively, you can use the left arrow key to rewind the video 3o seconds.
- Previous Menu or Home Screen Shortcut Key: Esc If you want to go back to a previous menu or want to go back to the home screen, just press ‘Esc’ key. It will save you from multiple clicks.
- Take A Screenshot Shortcut Key: Ctrl + S or Prt Sc If you want to take screenshot of what’s playing on your Kodi media center, just press ‘Ctrl+S’. Once you press it, a dialog box will ask you for preferred location for saving that screenshot. Or an alternate way of taking screenshot is to hit ‘PrtSc’. The screenshot will be saved to clipboard which you can retrieve by opening ‘Paint’ and pressing ‘Ctrl+V’. If you wish to take print out of the screenshot, you can easily do so since it is available in ready to use printable format.
- Shut down Menu Shortcut Key: S For quickly getting yourself out of the system, just press the ‘S’ key. It will give you an option for exiting Kodi with just one click. Also, it has the option to directly shut down/hibernate your system. This helps you save a lot of time when you are in hurry.
- Zoom / Aspect Ratio Shortcut Key: Z If you wish to adjust the aspect ratio of a video according to its resolution, just press the ‘Z’ key. Every time you press the key, the video will adjust to a different resolution such as (320 x 240), (1024 x 768), etc. Choose the one with better clarity.
Kodi Shortcuts For Pictures
- Zoom Picture From Level 1 to level 9 Shortcut Key: 1-9 Pressing numerical keys from 1-9 will zoom the images in increasing order.
- Next Picture Shortcut Key: . period You can browse through images without having to use your cursor. Just press ‘.’ key and you can scroll to the next image.
- Previous Picture Shortcut Key: , comma For viewing the previous image, just press ‘,’.
- Zoom In Shortcut Key: + plus Another way to Zoom a picture is by pressing the ‘+’ key.
- Zoom In Shortcut Key: – minus Similarly, one can use ‘-‘ key to zoom out a photograph.
Platform Specific Keyboard Shortcuts
- For Windows Shortcut Key: Windows Key If you wish to access an option on your system, outside of Kodi but without having to exit it. Just press the Windows key and you are good.
- For Mac Some helpful Kodi keyboard shortcuts for Mac users.
(please note, ? stands for the “Command” key on Mac boards)